Facts About Hearing Health
- More than 28 million individuals in the United States have a hearing loss
- Hearing loss effects not only the individual, but family and friends.
- A comprehensive evaluation by an Audiologist is the first step in understanding the type, degree and implications of your hearing loss.
- Technological advances now allow an Audiologist to fit personal hearing aids by enhancing the speech signal, without over amplifying background noise.
- Some types of hearing loss are medically treatable. Some types of hearing loss are permanent.
- Educating a client and family about an individual's hearing loss should be central to good hearing healthcare and management.
American Speech, Language &
Hearing Association wwww.asha.org
American Academy of Audiology: www.audiology.org
The Hearing Loss Association of America wwww.hearingloss.org
Alexander Graham Bell www.agbell.org
American Tinnitus Association wwwwata.org
Where to Find Us:
Audiology & Hearing Services of Longmeadow
813 Williams Street
Longmeadow, MA 01106
Phone: (413) 565-4443
Fax: (413) 565-4445
Professional Services Are Provided By Appointment
Make an Appointment
It's your first step to feeling like yourself again.